MATH 1308 TTT

in Mathematics by lancer
Favorite Add it to your favorites and revisit later
  • MATH 1308 TTT
Instant Download
Previewing 0 of 3 total pages.
Trouble downloading?
Copyright complaint
Instant download
Money-back guarantee
Regular Price: $10.71
Your Price: $7.50 (30% discount)
You Save: $3.21

Description

  1. A test of significance can be based on a sample of convenience.

  2. A utility company serves 50,000 households. As part of a survey of customer attitudes, they take a simple random sample of 800 of these households. The average number of television sets in the sample households turns out to be 2.56, and the SD is 0.73. What is the observed value for the average number of television sets per household?

  3. A utility company serves 50,000 households. As part of a survey of customer attitudes, they take a simple random sample of 800 of these households. The average number of television sets in the sample households turns out to be 2.56, and the SD is 0.73. Find the standard error for the sample average.

  4. A utility company serves 50,000 households. As part of a survey of customer attitudes, they take a simple random sample of 800 of these households. The average number of television sets in the sample households turns out to be 2.56, and the SD is 0.73. Find a 90% confidence interval for the average number of television sets per household.

  5. A utility company serves 50,000 households. As part of a survey of customer attitudes, they take a simple random sample of 800 of these households. The average number of television sets in the sample households turns out to be 2.56, and the SD is 0.73. Find a 95% confidence interval for the average number of television sets per household.

  6. A utility company serves 50,000 households. As part of a survey of customer attitudes, they take a simple random sample of 750 of these households. The average number of television sets in the sample households turns out to be 1.86, and the SD is 0.86. Find a 90% confidence interval for the sample average number of television sets per household.

  7. A utility company serves 50,000 households. As part of a survey of customer attitudes, they take a simple random sample of 750 of these households. The average number of television sets in the sample households turns out to be 1.86, and the SD is 0.86. Find a 95% confidence interval for the sample average number of television sets per household.

  8. A utility company serves 50,000 households. As part of a survey of customer attitudes, they take a simple random sample of 750 of these households. The average number of television sets in the sample households turns out to be 1.86, and the SD is 0.86. What is the observed value for the average number of television sets per household?

  9. A utility company serves 50,000 households. As part of a survey of customer attitudes, they take a simple random sample of 750 of these households. The average number of television sets in the sample households turns out to be 1.86, and the SD is 0.86. Find the standard error for the sample average.

  10. For cluster samples, in order to find the standard error, we use the Half-Sample method.

  11. For tests of significance, the alternative hypothesis corresponds to the idea that an observed difference is due to chance.

  12. In a month, the Current Population Survey sample amounted to 100,000 people. Of them, 62,000 were employed, and 3,000 were unemployed. True or False: The Bureau would estimate the percentage of the population who are unemployed as 4.62%.

  13. One kind of plant has only white flowers and pink flowers. According to a genetic model, the offsprings of a certain cross have a 70% chance to be pink-flowering, and a 30% chance to be white-flowering, independently of one another. Two hundred seeds of such a cross are raised, and 155 turn out to be pink-flowering. We wish to determine if the data are consistent with the model. What is the expected value for the percentage of pink-flowering plants?

  14. One kind of plant has only white flowers and pink flowers. According to a genetic model, the offsprings of a certain cross have a 70% chance to be pink-flowering, and a 30% chance to be white-flowering, independently of one another. Two hundred seeds of such a cross are raised, and 155 turn out to be pink-flowering. We wish to determine if the data are consistent with the model.(use one-tailed test) Find the value of the test statistic.

  15. One kind of plant has only white flowers and pink flowers. According to a genetic model, the offsprings of a certain cross have a 70% chance to be pink-flowering, and a 30% chance to be white-flowering, independently of one another. Two hundred seeds of such a cross are raised, and 155 turn out to be pink-flowering. We wish to determine if the data are consistent with the model.(use one-tailed test) Find the p-value.

  16. One kind of plant has only white flowers and pink flowers. According to a genetic model, the offsprings of a certain cross have a 70% chance to be pink-flowering, and a 30% chance to be white-flowering, independently of one another. Two hundred seeds of such a cross are raised, and 155 turn out to be pink-flowering. We wish to determine if the data are consistent with the model.(use one-tailed test) The result is:

  17. One kind of plant has only white flowers and pink flowers. According to a genetic model, the offsprings of a certain cross have a 70% chance to be pink-flowering, and a 30% chance to be white-flowering, independently of one another. Two hundred seeds of such a cross are raised, and 155 turn out to be pink-flowering. We wish to determine if the data are consistent with the model.(use one-tailed test) Are the data consistent with the model?

  18. Unemployment rates in the U.S. are estimated using the Current Population Survey, which is based on a nationwide probability sample.

  19. You have hired a polling organization to take a simple random sample from a box of 200,000 tickets and estimate the percentage of 1s in the box. Unknown to them, the box contains 50% 0s and 50% 1s. How far off should you expect them to be if they draw 50,000 tickets?

  20. 240 people out of a simple random sample of 500 said "yes" to outlawing final exams. Find the standard error of the sample percentage.

Comments (0)

You must sign in to make a comment.
lancer
@dgoodz
32779
2920
Rating:
Published On:
04/09/2013
Print Length:
3 page(s)
Word Count:
976
File Name:
MATH 1308 TTT.docx
File Size:
20.05 KB (0.02 MB)
Sold By:
lancer
Purchased:
3 times
Best Seller Ranking:
#1638

Other items from lancer

Customers also bought

Customers also viewed